WHAT IS DRONE FOCUS?
Drone Focus started as a monthly meetup in 2015 focused on bringing together UAV enthusiasts and professionals. After a few months, our team at Emerging Prairie and the community realized Drone Focus could be much more than a regular monthly meetup.
Around April of 2015, our team was challenged to put together a conference that brought together our monthly meetup group for one big event. The catch was, we had one month to pull it off. With a ton of work and a dedicated network of passionate folks, our team pulled it off and the first Drone Focus Conference was held on June 3, 2015. It hosted 130 attendees for a half day event and was the start of something amazing.
Since 2015, Drone Focus Conference continues to be a great opportunity for connecting leaders in the unmanned systems industry.
Our Mission. The Vision.
Our mission is to elevate and connect the unmanned systems industry thus moving the industry forward faster.
Drone Focus serves as a platform for the founders, entrepreneurs, innovators, and leaders in the unmanned systems industry. With a focus on creating connections and highlighting the risk-takers, our team hopes to explore what it means to create an autonomously connected nation.
MEET THE TEAM
Speaker & Sponsor Curation
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Executive Director & Co-Founder
ABOUT EMERGING PRAIRIE
Emerging Prairie is an organization that believes in and nurtures the potential of our community. We have made it our mission to celebrate the entrepreneurs, artists, and creators, specifically in the high technology space. Recognition of our community’s potential, development of an environment for social connectivity, and the act of highlighting the risk takers and change-makers is vitally important, as these are the key accelerators of growth and development. Emerging Prairie was founded based upon the following principles in 2013 by a group of Fargo entrepreneurs who wanted to make a difference in the community they call home.
- Accelerate Entrepreneurs - We host events that give entrepreneurs a platform to share their passion about their business or idea, and continue to strengthen programs that provide opportunities for entrepreneurs to learn and connect.
- Educate Our City – By bringing ideas to Fargo and challenging the status quo, we can move our community forward. Through events, programs, and using our influence to convene leaders, we are able to move ideas to action.
- Infuse the Arts – We create opportunities for the arts/artists to be incorporated into all of our events and programs. We believe artists are the culture creators in a community; culture is what makes people choose to build a life in a city.
- Build on Our Brightspots – We are cheerleaders and champions of the people who are doing great things in our community. Working from the idea of “a rising tide lifts all boats,” we celebrate those we are making progress and positively impacting our community.
- Practice Radical Inclusivity – As the fabric, our community becomes richer, we need to create an environment to welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, faith traditions, lifestyles, etc. We do this through actions such as participating in Welcoming Week, celebrating New American Entrepreneurs, providing gender-neutral restrooms at events, and offering vegan food at our events.
Our mission is to connect and celebrate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Fargo-Moorhead. We do so by operating a wide variety of events and initiatives, such as Drone Focus, the Prairie Den coworking space and 1 Million Cups (1MC) Fargo, the largest and most active 1 Million Cups program in the country. We also operate an online publication that highlights the region’s entrepreneurs and innovators that are turning Fargo into a flourishing tech hub. In March of 2016 Emerging Prairie became a 501(c)3 non-profit to further support our mission.
Mission: To connect and celebrate the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Vision: The relentless pursuit to improve the human condition both locally and beyond.
View the Emerging Prairie Annual Report to see how our work supports the entrepreneurial ecosystem.